UYC Teacher Trainers
Gurudass has been practicing and teaching Kundalini Yoga for over 42 years. She studied directly with the Master of Kundalini Yoga, Yogi Bhajan from 1972 until his passing in 2004. She is a KRI certified Level I and Level II Lead Teacher Trainer and is a Certified Yoga Alliance member at the ERYT-500 level.
As a musician and singer she has recorded many mantra CD’s and a DVD called Mantras in Motion. She is also heard singing in many well known Kundalini Yoga music recordings.
As co-founder of the first Kundalini Yoga center in Barcelona, Spain in 1978, she lived there for 25 years teaching Kundalini Yoga and Kundalini Yoga teacher training courses.
Gurudass is the creator of the Childplay Yoga Training Program, an innovative yoga based, fun and creative activities program for children of all ages, young adults and big adult children! She also founded the Aerobic Federation of Spain and for many years trained students to become aerobic teachers.
Her big heart and gift with people have placed her in the forefront of 3HO’s largest yearly event called the International European Yoga Festival. She is the assistant program director for this event held in France, annually, for the last 38 years.
After moving back to the USA in 2002 she presently travels worldwide with her Childplay Yoga program and Kundalini Yoga teacher training programs Level I and II. She also offers Mantra workshops and Kirtan programs.
She lives in Northern Virginia, USA and is the mother of two beautiful (grown up) children and is grandmother to a beautiful baby boy named Forrest.
For over 40 years, Gurutej has been living her destiny and continues to awaken the spirit of all she touches. As one of Yogi Bhajan’s original students, Gurutej emerged as a founding practitioner of Kundalini. Through his instruction and spiritual guidance, Gurutej is considered a foremost authority on Kundalini Yoga and internationally recognized as one of a handful of Kundalini Yoga Masters.
Through yoga, chanting, meditation, healing and proven stress and health management systems she teaches people how to connect to their higher consciousness. As a prolific writer, Gurutej is an author to 3 popular books including: A Slice of the Beloved, Yoga for Relationships, The Moon She Rocks You, and The 13th Month: How to Get an Extra 29 Days Each Year. She has also developed several transformative powerful online courses: The Moon She Rocks You and GET YOUR ESSENCE (Skinny) BACK, and has a line of Kundalini Yoga DVD’s. One of her newest creations is her line of Chakra Eye Pillows.
Gurutej has the depth, breath, insight and training to help you with all those issues of love, success, balance, emotions, discipline and much more. Work on your obstacles and find out who you are with this extraordinary teacher. Gurutej can be found practicing out of Naam Yoga in Santa Monica and The Blessings Center in the Beverly Hills area. You can also enjoy her blog or suite of online books, programs, classes or products at gurutej.com.
Sat Kartar Singh is a dynamic, patient, inspiring teacher who has been sharing the technology of Kundalini Yoga and the 3HO lifestyle for over 40 years. Born in the 50’s and influenced by the events of the 60’s, Sat Kartar Singh met Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga in 1974. Immediately inspired by this funny, loving, and blunt teacher, he began to study with “Yogi Ji”. Sat Kartar Singh brings to his teaching all of the aspects he has lived and practiced for many years. This includes Yogic Lifestyle, Naad Yoga- the yoga of mantra and sound, Yogic and Western Anatomy as well as the vast teachings of Kundalini Kriyas & Meditations.
Sat Kartar Singh is a touring member of the GuruGanesha Band. He has a thriving teaching practice in Alexandria VA, and teaches Level 1 in Virginia with Gurudass Kaur.
When asked, "What did you get the most from..."
- Aside from her awesome warmth and acceptance, she had such amazing wisdom that went beyond the book.
- Her personal experiences & music
- Her philosophy on not judging good or bad
- Warmth, Encouragement, Safety... she is such a model for gentleness.
- Kind yet firm honest critiques. Her way of engaging us and explaining material was inspiring and helpful.
- Patience, really cared, and a master at giving feedback. All heart.
- A feeling that I belong.
- Her compassion, wisdom, experience are priceless..
- A very different style [from the others], she gave me an opportunity to listen from a different perspective; I learned a lot from her.
- Her way of synthesizing all the facts into a meaningful and coherent whole using every day language and example.
- Authentic wisdom, fantastic advice on posture, chant, etc. She made the teaching real. I want more from her.
- Mysticism & daily tools!
- Personal experiences- talks on relationships & humanology
- She was so authentically herself and pro-femininity. She spoke with complete honesty. I am very inspired.
- Energy, presence
- “Explaining” the mystery.
- Music rhythm
- Groovy- be yourself!
- Depth of content
- His talk on cycle of intellect was eye-opening and clear— great!
- His presence
- The language aspect- pronunciation (of mantras). The numerology info started a fruitful process of reflection and discovery.
- Inspired that you can be a yogi and still a super cool human
- It’s ok to be playful. It’s ok to be serious.
- Numerology knowledge