Seetal Tej on her Ayurveda experience
I am my own laboratory and have done many years of self-study diving deep into the world of Ayurveda as a healing practice.
My love of learning and desire to understand how the body works took me on a path of study in biology, holistic nutrition, Ayurveda, Kundalini Yoga, and Chinese Medicine. My journey continues.
In 2005 I went through one of the roughest periods in my life, both mentally and emotionally.
In 2009 I sought help only to be dismissed by doctors. I began to do my own research to heal myself, and this was when I found Ayurveda.
Learning about my specific mind-body constitution (dosha), what had come out of alignment, and how my habit patterns were further affecting my constitution helped bring recovery to an almost 10-year struggle that can be described in western terms as hypoglycemia, hormone imbalance, and perimenopause (stress-overload).
I began to dive deep into Ayurveda, herbs and the science of self-healing. It is my pleasure to share the wisdom of these traditions with you and support you on your journey to whole health.
I believe nourishment comes in all forms. I believe in eating whole foods, enlivening our bodies with movement and adequate rest. I believe you can achieve and maintain your optimal weight with ease. I believe you can heal your body and calm the mind. I believe in play, connecting with nature, and with people. I believe it is important to learn to love and be loved. I believe in gratitude and in the simple pleasures in life to awaken the spirit. I believe you have a right to thrive and to express yourself fully. I believe in you being fully nourished.
My Library of Resources (a few but not limited to):
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing by Dr. Vasant Lad
- The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies By Dr. Vasant Lad
- Ayurveda for Women by Dr. Robert Svoboda
- The Yoga of Herbs by Dr. Frawley and Dr. Lad
- Yoga and Ayurveda Self-Healing and Self-Realization by Dr. Frawley
- The 5 Dharma Types by Simon Chokoisky
- Ayurveda and Marma Therapy by Dr. Frawley, Randade and Lele
- Ayurveda and the Mind: the healing of consciousness by Dr. Frawley
- Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
- The Tao of Nutrition by Maoshing Ni, Ph.D, OMD and Cathy McNease, B.S., Dipl. C.H.
- Meditation is Medicine by Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D. and Cameron Stauth
- Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat by Dr. Michelle May
- Happy Gut by Dr. Pedre
- Books by Dr. Andrew Weil
- Books by J.J Virgin