UYC Teacher Trainers
Gurudass (Lead Trainer) has been practicing and teaching Kundalini Yoga for over 42 years. She is a KRI certified Level I and II Lead Teacher Trainer and is a Certified Yoga Alliance member at the ERYT-500 level.
As a musician and singer she has created a number of mantra albums and can be heard in many well known Kundalini Yoga music recordings. Her voice is an amazing blend of beauty, power, and anchored, earth energy.
As co-founder of the first Kundalini Yoga center in Barcelona, Spain in 1978, she lived there for 25 years teaching both Kundalini Yoga classes and teacher training courses.
She is the creator of Childplay Yoga Training Program, a fun and innovative yoga-based, creative activities program for children of all ages, including the adult inner child. She also founded the Aerobic Federation of Spain.
Her big heart and gift with people have placed her in the forefront of the International European Yoga Festival. For nearly 40 years, she was assistant program director for this event held annually in France.
Having moved back to the U.S. in 2002 she travels worldwide with her Childplay Yoga program and Kundalini Yoga teacher training programs. She lives in Northern Virginia and is mother to two beautiful, grown up children and grandmother to a beautiful boy named Forrest.
Sat Kartar Singh is a dynamic, patient, inspiring teacher who has been sharing the technology of Kundalini Yoga for over 40 years. Born in the 50’s and influenced by the events of the 60’s, Sat Kartar Singh found Kundalini Yoga in 1974. Sat Kartar brings to his teaching all of the aspects he has lived and practiced for all these years. This includes Yogic Lifestyle, Naad Yoga- the yoga of mantra and sound, Yogic and Western Anatomy as well as the vast teachings of Kundalini Kriyas & Meditations.
Sat Kartar is a touring member of the GuruGanesha Band. He has a thriving teaching practice in Alexandria VA, and teaches Level 1 in Virginia with Gurudass Kaur.
For over 40 years, Gurutej has been living her destiny and continues to awaken the spirit of all she touches.
Through yoga, chanting, meditation, healing, and proven stress and health management systems, she teaches people how to connect to their higher consciousness. As an author, she has written: A Slice of the Beloved, Yoga for Relationships, The Moon She Rocks You, and The 13th Month: How to Get an Extra 29 Days Each Year. She has also developed several online courses including The Moon She Rocks You and GET YOUR ESSENCE (Skinny) BACK.
When asked, "What did you get the most from..."
- Aside from her awesome warmth and acceptance, she had such amazing wisdom that went beyond the book.
- Her personal experiences & music
- Her philosophy on not judging good or bad
- Warmth, Encouragement, Safety... she is such a model for gentleness.
- Kind yet firm honest critiques. Her way of engaging us and explaining material was inspiring and helpful.
- Patience, really cared, and a master at giving feedback. All heart.
- A feeling that I belong.
- Her compassion, wisdom, experience are priceless..
- Music rhythm
- Groovy- be yourself!
- Depth of content
- His talk on cycle of intellect was eye-opening and clear— great!
- His presence
- The language aspect- pronunciation (of mantras). The numerology info started a fruitful process of reflection and discovery.
- Inspired that you can be a yogi and still a super cool human
- It’s ok to be playful. It’s ok to be serious.
- Numerology knowledge
- A very different style [from the others], she gave me an opportunity to listen from a different perspective; I learned a lot from her.
- Her way of synthesizing all the facts into a meaningful and coherent whole using every day language and example.
- Authentic wisdom, fantastic advice on posture, chant, etc. She made the teaching real. I want more from her.
- Mysticism & daily tools!
- Personal experiences- talks on relationships & humanology
- She was so authentically herself and pro-femininity. She spoke with complete honesty. I am very inspired.
- Energy, presence
- “Explaining” the mystery.